Morning watch: 6:20-7:40 A.M. -- two juvies in the gorge!!!

  • jeanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24 7:09 AM
      When I got to the bridge, Dan said he saw Linn. Sure enough, he was
      soaring and swooping on the seagulls. Beautiful dives!!! She did this
      for a long while before flying off, we think, to the lower
      communication tower

      We thought that was our treat for the morning but suddenly we saw
      another juvie-- Sacajawea!! She mostly was on the railing of the
      structure in the gorge near the island. Preening and looking all
      over. She took off under the bridge kakking. We saw an adult, we
      think Mariah, with food. Mariah had it in her mouth and Sacajawea
      caught it in her mouth at the second try!!!! Very exciting. Mariah
      went off to the changing scene and Sacajawea went to the middle stack.
      She then flew to the building to the left of it, eating. Three crows
      were really pestering her there.

      That is where we left her!!

      It was so great seeing them!!

      Jeanne
    • jeanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24 7:26 AM
        she was soaring, not he. Though we felt like soaring seeing them:)