Back again

  • vndrflk
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 20, 2002
      Hi, everyone -- Finally got to catch up on the posts -- glad to know
      our friends in Europe are ok -- Baerbel, I envy you your trip to
      Rochester and the 30n Aug dinner -- sounds like it will be great
      fun. Maybe next year! Also thought the article on the Canadian
      eagle was fascinating. Pictures of the aurora and the Raptor Trust
      were GREAT!! Take care, everyone!
      Karen R/Vandrefalk
    • vndrflk
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 28, 2002
        I've been out of town for several days and, as usual, there are LOTS
        of posts to catch up on! It's great to see everyone's comments and
        stories. Welcome Baerbel (oops, think I misspelled that -- sorry) --
        we're REALLY glad to have you as Mod -- and hope Mt. Woman gets a
        well deserved rest. Interesting about the cat "nibbles" -- one of my
        Tonks bites my mother -- but no one else. Seems he has a "play"
        threshold and once it's exceeded, watch out. Doesn't seem to apply
        to me (maybe cuz I'm mommy) as I can do just about anything with him -
        - the worst he will do is wriggle. I did have a siamese once that
        would get so wound up playing that she would bite -- and sometimes I
        could just hold my arm out and she would (gently) bite. I also had
        another siamese who would get in bed with me in the morning and do
        several head butts -- before biting my chin. But they were never
        serious problems. The distraction technique should work -- as well
        as the time out. The only toys my two want to play with are those
        tiny fur-covered mice. I don't know if they have catnip in them or
        not (don't think so, because they have hard rubber bodies -- which I
        know because Pee Mai and KoKo eventually tear off the fur -- and they
        like them just as much without the fur!).
        Would have loved to hear Marcel last week -- I wish him the best of
        luck. And thanks, Jim, for the updates on M and K.
        Hope everyone has a great week -- life is much nicer in DC these
        days!!
        Karen R/Vandrefalk
      • vndrflk
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
          Well, hello all! I've been gone for awhile -- on vacation and then
          ill. However, I saw the NBC story on Pale Male the other night --
          after I finished calling people VERY BAD names, I told my husband
          that I was absolutely sure the Yahoo board was erupting -- and, boy,
          was I right! Way to go, troops! Have pretty much caught up tonight,
          and have added my vote to the Audubon survey (and would dearly love
          to send a nastygram to Paula Z, but will refrain at the moment) and
          hope Pale Male and Lola find much nicer digs at the Carlyle!
          Whatever the end result, I hope the folks on 5th Ave are suitably
          chastised by someone -- I still find it hard to believe they had the
          temerity to do this, knowing who Pale Male was. I've asked for the
          video for Christmas -- it will be hard to watch knowing what they've
          done.
          On another note -- we took a wonderful cruise to the Caribbean over
          Thanksgiving. I'm working on the Ofoto album and will share soon. I
          didn't see too many unusual birds -- except for frigate birds, which
          I had never seen before. Can't believe how many times I tried to get
          shots of them -- but did get one that didn't turn out too badly.
          Very interesting birds -- several of which had strange red wattles
          hanging down from their throats.
          Anyway, glad to know that everyone seems to be ok -- will be in
          Rochester for a couple of days week after next (to meet our new
          grandchild!) and hope the weather isn't too bad!
          Take care, all and happy holidays!
          Karen R/Vandrefalk
        • vndrflk
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
            Hi, all! Have been gone for awhile but have managed to catch the
            high points on the postings -- very intriguing that we seem to have
            three peregrines (doubt the banded one is just passing through at
            this point). Could make life extremely interesting in just a few
            weeks -- don't M&K start their dance in early March? Whether or not
            the banded peregrine is on of M&Ks, his preference for the HBSC
            building seems to be a bit close to Kodak? Will watch with interest
            (and, must admit, some trepidation).

            Good news on Frederick in Atlanta! I'll be there in April -- perhaps
            I'll be able to see him flying around. Will also be in SF this
            weekend -- may try to see the parrots of Telegraph Hill.

            Enjoyed your pics of Blackwater, Paul -- it's actually not that far
            from us, so will have to schedule a trip closer to spring.

            Spent ten wonderful days in the Caribbean -- will post the link to
            pics when I finally have them organized. Did not see too many birds
            (and was able to photograph even fewer), but do have one or two I
            need help in identifying. Also took a picture of a very interesting
            runway on St. Lucia just for Paul!

            Take care, all
            Karen R/Vandrefalk
          • Annette Bachstein
            Message 5 of 7 , May 21, 2006
              Hi all,

              I am back.
              I yesterday visited the world-known bird park Walsrode
              with friends.
              There we saw many beautiful and multicolored birds.
              Evening was merry gathering. We had some fun.
              I send soon pictures.

              Greetings
              Annette
            • Donna
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 24 3:52 AM
                (large movie)

                Thanks Lynda, sometimes it's hard to tell who's who. :)

                Donna
              • Lynda
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 24 4:17 AM
                  --- In kfalconcam@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <weed356@...> wrote:

                  >> Thanks Lynda, sometimes it's hard to tell who's who. :)
                  >
                  > Donna
                  You're welcome Donna-I saw the white "chest" and knew it had to be an
                  adult.
                  lynda