Mouse click +modifier to trigger an action?

  • jono_iconaholic
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2009
      Is it possible to set a mouse click plus modifier key to trigger an action?

      With a Mighty Mouse I want to use mouse button 3 (or button 1 if 3 is not possible) while holding down the Shift key to perform an action.
    • Peter N Lewis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2009
        On 18/06/2009, at 20:22 , jono_iconaholic wrote:
        > Is it possible to set a mouse click plus modifier key to trigger an
        > action?
        >
        > With a Mighty Mouse I want to use mouse button 3 (or button 1 if 3
        > is not possible) while holding down the Shift key to perform an
        > action.

        No, I'm afraid not.

        You can set a mouse button to execute a script (in Keyboard & Mouse
        System Preferences panel) which could execute a macro command, but not
        restricted when the shift key was down.
        Peter.

        --
        Clipboard Switching and Macros with Keyboard Maestro

        Keyboard Maestro <http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/> Macros for your Mac
        <http://www.stairways.com/> <http://download.stairways.com/>
      • jono_iconaholic
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2009
          --- In keyboard_maestro@yahoogroups.com, Peter N Lewis <peter@...> wrote:

          > No, I'm afraid not.
          >
          > You can set a mouse button to execute a script (in Keyboard & Mouse
          > System Preferences panel) which could execute a macro command, but not
          > restricted when the shift key was down.
          > Peter.

          Ah, OK.