Re: [Keyboard Maestro] Login to Gmail

  • themacmarketer
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Thanks for the suggestions.

      I actually have 1Password and it works great =)

      However, I like the idea that I can be doing something else, and press
      a single keystroke to fire up my browser and login to gmail or
      whatever other website I need to.

      > assuming FF is your default browser let's KM opening
      http://gmail.google.com
      > then the cursor is already in the username field ;-)

      I tried and got the first cursor, but was unable to get to the second
      input box, then press the login button. I tried recording, but upon
      playback, nothing appears to happen once the Firefox screen starts.

      Ivan

      --- In keyboard_maestro@yahoogroups.com, "m. osti" <tt@...> wrote:

      > Il giorno 01/feb/09, alle ore 11:00, themacmarketer ha scritto:
      >
      > > Does anyone know of any other way to set the focus to specific html
      > > form fields?
      >

      > assuming FF is your default browser let's KM opening
      http://gmail.google.com
      > then the cursor is already in the username field ;-)
      >
      > -m

      You might also look into 1password, and the free companion AllBookmarks
      tool:

      http://agilewebsolutions.com

      It pretty much does what you're asking for.

      - Bryan
    • Bryan Harris
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        Maybe KM can drive AllBookmarks? Might be easier than trying to manipulate
        Firefox's UI.

        - B

        > Thanks for the suggestions.
        >
        > I actually have 1Password and it works great =)
        >
        > However, I like the idea that I can be doing something else, and press
        > a single keystroke to fire up my browser and login to gmail or
        > whatever other website I need to.
        >
        >> assuming FF is your default browser let's KM opening
        > http://gmail.google.com
        >> then the cursor is already in the username field ;-)
        >
        > I tried and got the first cursor, but was unable to get to the second
        > input box, then press the login button. I tried recording, but upon
        > playback, nothing appears to happen once the Firefox screen starts.
        >

        > Ivan
        >

        > --- In keyboard_maestro@yahoogroups.com, "m. osti" <tt@...> wrote:
        >>

        >> Il giorno 01/feb/09, alle ore 11:00, themacmarketer ha scritto:
        >>
        >>> Does anyone know of any other way to set the focus to specific html
        >>> form fields?
        >>

        >> assuming FF is your default browser let's KM opening
        > http://gmail.google.com
        >> then the cursor is already in the username field ;-)
        >>
        >> -m
        >>

        > You might also look into 1password, and the free companion AllBookmarks
        > tool:
        >
        > http://agilewebsolutions.com
        >
        > It pretty much does what you're asking for.
        >
        > - Bryan

      • m. osti
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
          Il giorno 01/feb/09, alle ore 16:36, themacmarketer ha scritto:

          > I tried and got the first cursor, but was unable to get to the second
          > input box, then press the login button.

          once got the curson in the user id field KM paste my ID then KM
          simulate the tab key so the cursor move to passw field and KM paste my
          password then KM simulate the return key and voilĂ .

          -m
        • David Weeks
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
            Firefox has a macro add-on.

            iMacros for FireFox version 6.1.1.4

            it should do the trick if MK can't.

            David Weeks
          • Peter N Lewis
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
              >Thanks for the suggestions.
              >
              >I actually have 1Password and it works great =)

              You can have 1Password auto login by adding the magic string

              ?onepasswdfill=NAME

              where NAME is the name of your 1Password entry (change spaces to %20
              and encode anything else weird).

              So for example, I can log in directly with something like:

              http://www.randomsite.com/login?onepasswdfill=Random%20Site

              First that from Keyboard Maestro and you're done.

              Enjoy,
              Peter.

              --
              Keyboard Maestro 3 Now Available!
              Now run macros from your iPhone with Keyboard Maestro Control!

              Keyboard Maestro <http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/> Macros for your Mac
              <http://www.stairways.com/> <http://download.stairways.com/>