Re: [Keyboard Maestro] Activate Finder with KM

  • coolrays@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 25, 2009
      I understand how to do that but I can't locate the Finder. It's not
      in the Applications Folder. Where's it located?

      Thanks

      Rick

      On Jan 25, 2009, at 7:54 AM, m. osti wrote:

      > Il giorno 25/gen/09, alle ore 14:37, coolrays@... ha scritto:
      >
      > > I want to assign the Finder to a Hot Key but can't figure out how to
      > > do it.
      >
      > New Action: Activate a Specific Application
      >
      > -m

    • Thomas Ungricht
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 25, 2009
        hi Rick,

        here:

        "your startup disk"/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app

        Greetings

        Thomas_U

        On 25.01.2009, at 15:10, coolrays@... wrote:

        > I understand how to do that but I can't locate the Finder. It's not
        > in the Applications Folder. Where's it located?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Rick
        >
        > On Jan 25, 2009, at 7:54 AM, m. osti wrote:
        >

        >> Il giorno 25/gen/09, alle ore 14:37, coolrays@... ha scritto:
        >>
        >>> I want to assign the Finder to a Hot Key but can't figure out how to
        >>> do it.
        >>
        >> New Action: Activate a Specific Application
        >>
        >> -m

      • m. osti
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2009
          25/gen/09, alle ore 15:10, coolrays@... ha scritto:

          > I understand how to do that but I can't locate the Finder.

          mhh interesting, what do you plan to do with your macro?

          -m
        • coolrays@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 25, 2009
            Just be able to go to the Finder with a key press. I did this in
            System 6 - MacOS9 with Quickeys. It's just handy. I have all my main
            apps assigned to F-keys. It's quicker than going to the dock or the
            other options.

            Thanks

            Rick

            On Jan 25, 2009, at 9:14 AM, m. osti wrote:

            > 25/gen/09, alle ore 15:10, coolrays@... ha scritto:
            >
            > > I understand how to do that but I can't locate the Finder.
            >
            > mhh interesting, what do you plan to do with your macro?
            >
            > -m

          • Rob Phillips
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009
              That's helpful, thanks. I addressed this problem 2 years ago, but by
              writing a little Applescript which I executed with KM.

              It's good to know there is an easier way.

              Rob

              Thomas Ungricht wrote:

              > hi Rick,
              >
              > here:
              >
              > "your startup disk"/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app
              >
              > Greetings
              >
              > Thomas_U
              >
              > On 25.01.2009, at 15:10, coolrays@...
              > <mailto:coolrays%40comcast.net> wrote:
              >
              > > I understand how to do that but I can't locate the Finder. It's not
              > > in the Applications Folder. Where's it located?
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Rick
              > >
              > > On Jan 25, 2009, at 7:54 AM, m. osti wrote:

              > >> New Action: Activate a Specific Application
              > >>
              > >> -m

              Associate Professor Rob Phillips
              Teaching and Learning Centre
              Room 4.42 Level 4 Library North Wing, Murdoch University
              r.phillips@... Phone: +61 8 9360 6054 Mobile: 0416 065 054
              Fellow, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia
            • Peter N Lewis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009
                >That's helpful, thanks. I addressed this problem 2 years ago, but by
                >writing a little Applescript which I executed with KM.
                >
                >It's good to know there is an easier way.

                I presume those of you with this issue are using version 2, as
                Keyboard Maestro version 3's Activate Specific Application has a
                popup menu listing currently running applications, which naturally
                includes the Finder, making this all a lot easier that finding the
                Finder in the CoreServices folder or writing an AppleScript.

                Enjoy,
                Peter.

                --
                Keyboard Maestro 3 Now Available!
                Now run macros from your iPhone with Keyboard Maestro Control!

                Keyboard Maestro <http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/> Macros for your Mac
                <http://www.stairways.com/> <http://download.stairways.com/>