Menu Items

  • Wolf Drechsel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      Hello friends,

      I tried to define menu items with shortcuts in keybd_m - and failed;
      just nothing happens, when I press the key.

      In fact, I couldnt make this work with the system keyboard shortcut
      feature either, so probabely here is the problem.

      Are there any special tricks to make the "menu items" feature work?

      (Mac OS X 10.33)

      Thanks and greetings,

      Wolf
    • Allen Watson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
        On or near 8/3/04 1:22 AM, Wolf Drechsel at drechsel@...
        observed:

        > Hello friends,
        >
        > I tried to define menu items with shortcuts in keybd_m - and failed;
        > just nothing happens, when I press the key.
        >
        > In fact, I couldnt make this work with the system keyboard shortcut
        > feature either, so probabely here is the problem.
        >
        > Are there any special tricks to make the "menu items" feature work?
        >
        > (Mac OS X 10.33)

        I think it is possible that you have to "Enable access for assistive
        devices" in the Universal Access preference panel. I'm pretty sure you need
        that for the system keyboard shortcut stuff.
        --
        <allenwatson@...>
        Scripts for OE and Entourage: <http://allenwatson.thinkaccess.net/Scripts/>