RE: [kevalayoga] Message for the Day

  • Selvi Kunchu
    Message 1 of 214 , Jun 1, 2009
      Thank for sharing.

      with warmest regards,
      sumanaselvi kunchu
      �A fixed idea is like the iron rod which sculptors put in their statues.
      It impales and sustains. -Hippolyte Taine, historian
      (1828-1893)

      -
      -

      To: kevalayoga@yahoogroups.com
      From: kevala01@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 06:07:20 +0000
      Subject: [kevalayoga] Message for the Day

      Change and Growth

      I walked four kilometers at night along the beach, composing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness, and change my life. It never crossed my mind, that person could be me.

      - Anna Quindlen

      None of us is fully content with our life.

      We discover areas and avenues for improvements.

      We come across things that we need to change.

      We realize we have drifted and want to come back.

      We find lessons that we need to learn.

      We battle with various mountains, to climb and to overcome.

      There are many things in our life that we don't feel are quite fine or right.

      There are also times change and growth are thrust upon us by the circumstances and happenings in our life.

      Yet, change and growth are not going to be easy, possibilities and opportunities notwithstanding.

      In our attempts to change, we will discover there are certain things that we cannot change.

      We will have to accept and live with them.

      But in many cases it is that we ourselves refuse to take the necessary steps that will bring about change and growth, or we do not do enough to unlock the necessary doors,

      Or we wait for the right moment that may never come,

      Or we wait for the right person whom we may never meet.

      All the while forgetting the fact that the right moment is now, and the right person is inside us � we ourselves.

      None of us can hitch a ride on someone else's initiative for long.

      We have to find it ourselves and make it work.

      No amount of outside influence can bring about a change in us unless we ourselves decide to change.

      Because no one can summon that power to influence a much-needed step we must take, it must come from the depths of ourselves, where discovery and action begin.

      No one, however great or dear, can change something in us, unless we ourselves take the first step.

    • kevala01
      Message 214 of 214 , Mar 2, 2012
        Begin to listen to what you say. Don't say anything that you don't want to become true for you.

        Remove the expression "have to" from your vocabulary and your thinking, because it is going to release a lot of self-imposed pressure on you. You can create tremendous pressure by saying: "I have to get up." "I have to do this." "I have to, I have to." Instead, begin by saying: "I choose to...." It puts a whole different perspective on your life. Everything you do is by choice. It may not seem so, but it is.