Message for the Day

  • kevala01
    Message 1 of 214 , Mar 1, 2009
      Why Are We So Fearful?

      Millions of years ago, fear was our body's way of signaling us that we
      were out of our comfort zone. It alerted us to possible danger, and
      gave us the burst of adrenaline we needed to run away. Unfortunately,
      though this response was useful in the days when saber-toothed tigers
      were chasing us, today most of our threats are not all that
      life-threatening.

      Today, fear is more of a signal that we must stay alert and cautious.
      We can feel fear, but we can still move forward anyway. Think of your
      fear as a 2- year- old child who doesn't want to go grocery shopping
      with you. You wouldn't let a 2-year-old's mentality run your life.
      Because you must buy groceries, you'll just have to take the
      2-year-old along with you. Fear is no different. In other words
      acknowledge that fear exists but don't let it keep you from doing
      important tasks.
    • kevala01
      Message 214 of 214 , Mar 2, 2012
        Begin to listen to what you say. Don't say anything that you don't want to become true for you.

        Remove the expression "have to" from your vocabulary and your thinking, because it is going to release a lot of self-imposed pressure on you. You can create tremendous pressure by saying: "I have to get up." "I have to do this." "I have to, I have to." Instead, begin by saying: "I choose to...." It puts a whole different perspective on your life. Everything you do is by choice. It may not seem so, but it is.