Message for the day

  • kevala01
    Message 1 of 163 , Nov 1, 2010
      People do not know what the Name of God can do. Those who repeat it constantly alone knows its power. It can purify your mind completely…..The name can take us to the summit of spiritual experience. – Swami Ramdas

      He desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee. – Isaiah

      A friend who is a doctor tells me that no one really knows how aspirin works. Yet we have faith in aspirin. When you take the bottle off the bathroom shelf and pop a couple of pills into your mouth, you are saying in effect," I believe. I have faith that this will work."
      I would say, "The Take plenty of mantras too." It is equally good advice: one relives fever in the body, the body, the other, the fever of self-will. People sometimes scoff at this and retort, "We don't think it will work." I reply, "Don't you think you can give the Buddha or Jesus as much credence as you give Mr. Bayer?"
      Try it. If you only feel comforted by things that come in a bottle, take an empty bottle and write Rama, Rama or Jesus, Jesus on the Label. Then put it on your bathroom shelf. When you have a disquieting afternoon or evening or night, take it down, look at it, and start repeating Rama, Rama or Jesus, Jesus. You have taken the medicine.
    • kevala01
      Message 163 of 163 , Dec 1, 2010
        In youth the days are short and the years are long,
        In old age the years are short and the days are long.-Panin