Message for the day

  • kevala01
    Message 1 of 163 , Sep 13, 2010
      Imagine if all the tumult of the body were to quiet down, along with all our busy thoughts….Imagine if all things that are perishable grew still……. And imagine if that moment were to go on and on, leaving behind all other sights and sounds but this one vision which ravishes and absorbs and fixes the beholder in joy; so that the rest of eternal life were like that moment of illumination which leaves us breathless.
      …………….Saint Augustine

      As I reach the spiritual summit, I hardly feel my body. My mind is still; my ego has been set at rest. The peace in my heart matches the peace at the heart of nature. This is my native state, the state to which I have been striving through the long travail of evolution to return. No longer am I a feverish fragment of life; I am indivisible from the Whole.
      I live completely in the present, released from the prison of the past with its haunting memories and vain regrets, released from the prison of the future with its tantalizing hopes and tormenting fears. All the enormous capacities formerly trapped in past and future flow to me here and now, concentrated in the hollow of my palm. No longer driven by the desire for personal pleasure or profit, I am free to use all these capacities to alleviate the suffering of those around me. In living for others, I come to life.
    • kevala01
      Message 163 of 163 , Dec 1 9:57 PM
        In youth the days are short and the years are long,
        In old age the years are short and the days are long.-Panin