Message for the day

  • kevala01
    Message 1 of 163 , Jun 1 8:47 PM
      84. Consistency

      Regular practice is necessary, as we have been stressing all along. The domain of being is easier to talk about than to experience. To make it real in your life, to get in touch with it in any moment, takes concentrated work and determination. A certain kind of digging, a kind of inner archaeology, is required to uncover your intrinsic wholeness, covered over as it may be with layer after layer of opinions, likes and dislikes, and the heavy fog of automatic, unconscious thinking and habits, to say nothing of pain. There is nothing romantic or sentimental about the work of mindfulness, nor is your intrinsic wholeness a romantic or sentimental or imaginary construct. It is here now, as it always has been. It is part of being human, just as having a body and feeling pain are part of being human.
    • kevala01
      Message 163 of 163 , Dec 1, 2010
        In youth the days are short and the years are long,
        In old age the years are short and the days are long.-Panin