Kern National Wildlife Refuge

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2004
      The Tuesday Birding Group had a good day birding at the Kern National
      Wildlife Refuge in Delano. We saw the following: Lesser Scaup, Redheads, Cinnamon
      Teal, one Green-winged Teal, Northern Shovelers, Gadwalls, Ring-necked Ducks, 2
      Buffleheads, and Ruddy Ducks. We did not see large numbers of ducks, but we saw
      a good variety of ducks. We also saw Eared Grebes and one Western Grebe. We
      saw Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, and Cliff Swallows. There is less water
      present than a month ago, but there is still a lot of water around the car tour
      route.