Williamson's Sapsucker/Bakersfield

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2004
      On Tuesday morning 4/13/04 at 8:30 AM, a female Williamson's Sapsucker was
      seen at the east end of Hart Park in Bakersfield. Ken Kyle saw the bird fly to
      a small tree that was next to the wooden fence. The bird was then seen by Ken
      Kyle, Brenda Kyle, Ann Etue and Marisa Albridge. We were able to view the
      bird's head, back, and wings from a distance of 15 feet. The bird flew north along
      the fence line before we could get a view of the chest and belly. We tried to
      relocate the bird Wednesday and today, but we were not successful in
      relocating the bird.