Vermilion flycatcher - Kern NWR

  • Nature Ali
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2003
      Hi All

      Bob Barnes and Sue Mills reported an adult male Vermilion Flycatcher
      yesterday, Thursday Dec. 11th, between signpost 6 & 7 near parking lot
      three.

      This makes at least three winters of records for this species at KNWR. If
      anyone has unusual birds please report to the group. I am always interested
      in trip records of all species seen for both Kern and Pixley refuges as I
      maintain lists for the web pages I have for both refuges.
      http://natureali.org/KNWR.htm

      Speaking of that. I went to Pixley on Monday. At least 5 thousand Sandhill
      Cranes came in at dusk. Several thousand were already in residence on the
      ponds and levees. It was quite a spectacular site!

      Ali

      Alison Sheehey
      P.O. Box 153
      Weldon, CA
      93283

      Nature Ali - http://natureali.org
      Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.