Sandhill Cranes

  • carlagary
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2003
      I know this isn't in Kern Co.,but it is a short drive from
      Bakersfield,I hope Michael does'nt mind. Sunday morning Carla and I
      drove to Pixley National Wildlife Rufuge(Tulare Co.) in the rain,but
      had a good time anyway.
      There were hundreds of Sandhill Cranes at the Rufuge and the
      surrounding fields.lots of fun viewing and picture taking. also was a
      good Rapor day: Ferruginous Hawk
      Praire Falcon
      Red-Tailed Hawk
      Nothern Harrier
      American Kestrel
      Great Horned Owl
      Barn Owl
      There were also several species of Waterfowl at the viewing stand
      If you never been to the Pixley Rufuge you can visit a good web-site
      at http://natureali.com/pixley.htm for directions and information.
      Good Birding,
      Gary File
    • carlagary
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2005
        At 4:15 I found the Sandhill Cranes that the Kyles found earlier
        today.Same directions and location as previous posted. They were easy
        to find as soon as I got out of the car,however at 4:22p.m. they flew
        off headed south.Probably just to a near by field.
        Good Birding,
        Gary File