Vermilion Flycatcher

  • birderjoe34
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      The male Vermilion Flycatcher is still in the trees and on the
      telephone pole and wires about 150-200 yards west of Fay Ranch road
      (south of the bridge and out from the beautification project [the old
      tires])as of this morning.

      Best,

      Joe & Lois Hart
    • birderjoe34
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5 7:40 PM
        The male Vermilion Flycatcher was still present this morning in the
        field west of Fay Ranch Road. No mate as of yet.

        The Wood Ducks were rather loquacious.

        It was fun to watch two male Hairy Woodpeckers posturing in the trees
        close by.

        Joe Hart
      • birderjoe34
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5 8:06 PM
          I tried posting a message earlier, but I'm not sure that it went
          through.

          The male Vermilion Flycatcher was still present this morning in the
          field west of Fay Ranch Road. Still no mate though.

          The Wood Ducks were rather loquacious.

          It was fun watching two male Hairy Woodpeckers posturing in the trees
          close by.

          Joe Hart
        • carlagary
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24 6:17 PM
            Sorry to the late post.
            Yesterday Carla and I had a male Vermilion
            Flycatcher at Monolith,which is just east of
            Tehachapi. There is a large grove of trees just
            accross from the cement plant.The Vermilion was
            seen on the wire fence that borders the road.
            Good Birding,
            Gary File
            Bakersfield
          • carlagary
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28, 2005
              The male Vermilion Flycatcher that was first seen 5/14/05 at the grove
              of large trees across from the cement plant at Monolith.continues
              today. Monolith is just east of Tehachapi on Hwy.58.
              For more on the birds of the Tehachapi area vist www.tmbc.info
              Gary File
              Bakersfield
            • carlagary
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 16, 2007
                I went to relocate the Vermilion Flycatcher 1st reported yesterday by
                Bill Lydecker.Found the Vermilion and Bill at the reported location.We
                both had nice looks. Best direction for viewing would be to park in the
                Kern River Parkway bicyle trail parkinglot on Enos Lane(hwy43) and walk
                to the yellow call box marked KR-12. Almost a 3 mile walk and there is
                a nice bench there also for a rest. The Vermilion is being seen in and
                around that area.
                Also had nice looks at a Sage Thrasher just a few hundred yards from
                the parkinglot up the trail.
                Good Birding,
                Gary File
                Bakersfield,Ca.