Red Knot at Kern Wildlife Refuge

  • max lathum
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2003
      We saw a Red Knot in full breeding plumage shortly after noon today at the Kern Wildlife Refuge. The lone bird was feeding on a mud flat at the end of the loop road where it rejoins the main access road. The bird was within thirty feet of the road at the intersection and did not fly off while we were there.

      Max and Lola Lathum