American Redstart, Northern Parula

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2013

      I received a phone call from Andrew Howe at 10:08am this morning,
      Monday, May 27, 2013.

      Andrew and Vernon Howe, his father, saw a female AMERICAN REDSTART
      earlier this morning at Butterbredt Spring.

      Andrew and Vernon then proceeded to California City Central Park
      where they found a male NORTHERN PARULA on the piney knoll
      overlooking Tierra del Sol Golf Course immediately to the north. This
      knoll is also just northwest of the arch bridge leading to the abandoned hotel.

      They were not able to bird Galileo Hill--Silver Saddle Ranch and Club
      (restricted access) due to other obligations. Perhaps some other
      birders have covered or will be able to cover Galileo today.

      RARITIES reported thus far thus morning: female AMERICAN REDSTART
      (Howes), male NORTHERN PARULA (Howes), and adult male BALTIMORE
      ORIOLE (Birsner and Martin).

      Serving as the messenger for the preceding mentioned birders,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California

      Cell: 760-382-1260