Memorial Day Weekend Birding

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2013

      Glad Dave Goodward, Bill Deppe, Noah Gaines, Bill Hopson, Lee Jones,
      and Robert McNabb got out birding Saturday by covering in aggregate
      Butterbredt Spring, California City Central Park, and Galileo
      Hill/Silver Saddle Ranch & Club. I was out and about, too, covering
      the cemetery (Desert Memorial Park), Cerro Coso Community College
      (ran into Joyce Seibold birding there, too), and old sewage ponds
      (Ridgecrest Watchable Wildlife Park) all in Ridgecrest with pleasant
      birding (significant Yellow Warbler migration push, two getting late
      Yellow-rumped Warblers, etc.), but no bird species others would likely chase.

      I am homebound today and Monday due to car trouble to be hopefully
      fixed Tuesday morning. My intense Indian Wells Valley Memorial Day
      Weekend coverage is over. I am hopeful others are out and about today
      and tomorrow as this long weekend is traditionally one of the best
      for finding bird species rare to Kern County. If you do get out and
      about, please report any finds of rare species via this kerncobirding
      listserv (started several years ago by Michael McQuerrey). Thank you!

      Continued Happy & Productive Birding,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California

      Cell: 760-382-1260