Ovenbird at California City Central Park near old hotel 5/16/13

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      We birded the eastern Kern desert 5/14/13 thru 5/16/13. The highlight of our three days of birding was seeing the Ovenbird near the old hotel at California City Central Park about 12:30 PM today, Thursday, 5/16/13.
      It was still walking around near the sidewalk when we left.

      We did not see large numbers of birds on any of the days we birded.

      We have listed below some of the birds we saw 5/14/13 thru 5/16/13.

      Tuesday, 5/14/13, we saw the following birds at Galileo/Silver Saddle Ranch:

      Olive-sided Flycatcher
      Wood Pewee
      Sawinson's Thrush
      Yellow Warbler
      MacGillivray's Warbler
      Wilson's Warbler

      Tuesday, 5/14/13, we saw the following birds at California City Central Park:

      Yellow Warbler
      Hermit Warbler
      MacGillivray's Warbler
      Common Yellowthroat
      Wilson's Warbler

      Wednesday, 5/15/13, we saw the following birds at Galileo:

      Green Heron
      Common Gallinule(1)
      Sora
      Spotted Sandpiper
      Olive-sided Flycatcher
      Wood Pewee
      Ash-throated Flycatcher
      Empidonax Sp.
      Red-breasted Nuthatch
      Swainson's Thrush
      Yellow Warbler
      Common Yellowthroat
      Pine Siskin

      Thursday, 5/16/13, we saw the following birds at Galileo:

      Black-crowned Night Heron
      Common Gallinule(2)
      Spotted Sandpipers
      MacGillivray's Warbler
      Yellow Warbler
      Wilson's Warbler
      Western Tanager

      Thursday, 5/16/13, we saw the following birds at California City
      Central Park near the old hotel:

      Warbling Vireo
      Yellow Warbler
      Yellow-rumped Warbler(Audubon's)