IWV & KRN May 9 & 10

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      Hi,

      John Birsner, Pam Stones, and I birder the Indian Wells Valley on
      Thursday, May 9th and the Kern River Preserve and Canebrake
      Ecological Reserve in the South Fork Kern River Valley on Friday, May 9th.

      May 9: IWV-Inyokern Middlemiss (+/-120 migrants identified), Inyokern
      Sewage Ponds, Ridgecrest Watchable Wildlife Park, Desert Memorial
      Park, Cerro Coso Community College (a pair of Red Crossbills plus the
      continuing INDIGO BUNTING male), plus one additional private property.

      Inyokern Middlemiss eBird list:
      <http://ebird.org/ebird/ca/view/checklist?subID=S14068302>http://ebird.org/ebird/ca/view/checklist?subID=S14068302

      May 10: KRV-Migrant Corner (a handful of migrants), Fay Ranch Road (a
      handful of migrants but pleasant resident and breeding season species
      birding), Kern River Preserve Headquarters (ditto Fay Ranch Rd),
      Canebrake Ecological Reserve (brief visit on the way home to bird
      from the bridge-over-Canebrake Creek).

      Off in a few minutes for another biding day start at Inyokern Middlemiss.

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California

      Cell: 760-382-1260