Ridgecrest Ovenbird, B & W Warbler, Indigo Bunting

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2013

      Susan Steele reports the OVENBIRD (4th day) first found Sunday by
      Susan Steele and BLACK-AND WHITE WARBLER (5th) first found Saturday
      by David Blue was joined by an INIDIGO BUNTING Wednesday at Cerro
      Coso Community College perched up the slope above the south end of Ridgecrest.

      John Birsner, Pamela Stones, and I are set to bird Indian Wells
      Valley oases today before the heat wave in the forecast hits. We'll
      report continuing and new birds if we find any at the four publicly
      accessible locations we plan to visit (Inyokern Middlemiss,
      Ridgecrest Watchable Wildlife Park, Desert Memorial Park, and Cerro
      Coso Community College).

      No reports of the GRACE'S WARBLER since the last observation Sunday,
      the same day it was found.

      The Ridgecrest WHITE-WINGED DOVE has been an every other day
      detection thus far (Sunday and Tuesday) which means to me Encar and I
      have NOT yet determined its movement pattern. Assuming it remains
      through breeding season, it is expected that pattern of occurrence
      will become more consistent and dependable. John, Pam, and I will
      check in passing twice today and Encar will no doubt call me if she
      detects it today.

      Due to the fact Encar and I live in a house next to house next to
      house suburban neighborhood, I suspect the chances the ROSE-BREASTED
      GROSBEAK remains in or near our yard is poor. However, I am hopeful
      of being proved wrong today!

      What's going on at Butterbredt Spring, California City, and Galileo
      Hill? I am hopeful birders are checking those migrant/vagrant hotspots as well.

      Continued Happy & Productive Birding,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California

      Cell: 760-382-1260