Birding eastern Kern desert 3/27/13 and 3/28/13

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      Wednesday, 3/27/13, we birded Galileo Hill and California City Central Park. On Thursday, 3/28/13, we birded across from the Best Western Hotel in California City, the Cantil area, and outside the fence at the DWP on Jawbone Canyon Road. Below we have listed some of the birds seen:

      Galileo Hill/ Silver Saddle Ranch on Wednesday, 3/27/13:
      Downy Woodpecker(1)
      Western Kingbird(1)
      House Wren(1)
      Ruby-crowned Kinglet(10)
      Yellow-rumped Warbler(Audubon's)(30+)
      Common Yellowthroat(3)
      Fox Sparrow(1)
      White-crowned Sparrow(2)

      California City Central Park- Wednesday 3/27/13:
      Cinnamon Teal(2)
      Yellow-rumped Warbler(Audubon's) (30+)

      California City- Thursday 3/28/13(across from the Best Western):
      Orange-crowned Warbler(2)
      Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) (50)
      Common Yellowthroat (2)
      Wilson's Warbler(1)

      Cantil Area on Thursday 3/28/13
      Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) (10)
      Ash-throated Flycatcher (1) on Munsey Road
      Western Kingbird(3)-Pappas Road

      Jawbone Canyon Road(outside the fence of the DWP)
      Western Kingbird(1)
      Common Yellowthroat (1)
      Fox Sparrow (1)