Galileo/Silver Saddle 2013 Spring Birding

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013

      I made a stop at Galileo/Silver Saddle on my way to LAX Thursday. The birding guide lines for Spring 2013 are the same as the past several spring and fall seasons with one exception:

      Some corporate retreats are now meeting at Silver Saddle during the work week. If you plan to bring a group to bird Galileo/Silver Saddle be sure to call staff well ahead of time to schedule before you promote your trip.

      Otherwise, birders are welcome to bird Galileo/Silver Saddle except for no field trip groups on weekends and holidays. Sign in upon arrival or, for early arriving birders, after staff arrives and the doors are open. Ask staff if there are any special restrictions on where you may bird on the grounds (sometimes yes, most times no in the past ... it all depends on what is going on when you are there. However, if staff is not there and you see cars signifying guests using the bungalows or hotel, be sure to stay away from those two areas.

      I think that is it. I am very happy Galileo/Silver Saddle is going to allow birders to bird their 80 acre grounds for yet one more migration season. Assuming this spring goes smoothly, I look forward to being given the green light this coming fall as well.

      This computer is giving me fits. Feel free to forward this post to Calbirds, CA County Birders, etc., to reach a wider audience which may help lesssen the chances of a problem arising at Galileo this spring.

      Thank you,

      Bob Barnes, Cabinas Portrero, San Lorenzo, Heredia, Costa Rica