FOS Sage Thrashers

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013

      Five FOS (First of Spring) SAGE THRASHERS were together along the
      east side of Fay Ranch Road well north of the bridge over the South
      Fork of the Kern River in Weldon this morning, Sunday, February 17,
      2013. Four were perched on top of adjacent barbed-wire fence t-posts
      while the fifth was perched on the uppermost barbed wire between two
      of those t-posts. Mid to late February is part of the Kern County
      "spring" migration pass through time period for this species which
      has extended into late April in past years.

      Nearby Scodie Park in the community of Onyx revealed two MOUNTAIN
      CHICKADEES. During my relatively brief stay I did not locate the
      Williamson's Sapsucker which has been present there the past several weeks.

      Continued Happy & Productive Birding,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California

      C: 760-382-1260