Desert Memorial Park Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

  • timoutdoor99
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2013
      I made a quick visit to Desert Memorial Park this morning to look for the yellow-bellied sapsucker reported by S. Steele. We (myself & Lee & Shirley Sutton) located the bird in the NE corner of the park where it actively fed for about 1.5 hours. The field marks seemed to match well with a first year female. Also of note was a single female red crossbill and a brown creeper with a mixed flock of juncos and red-breasted nuthatches.

      Tim Ludwick