2003 HumFest & HumConf

  • KRPFriends
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 10:55 AM

      The 5th Annual Kern River Valley Hummingbird Celebration is scheduled for
      Friday, July 25 through Monday, July 28.

      The 4th Biennial HumConf for the hummingbird banders is scheduled to be
      inclusive of the following weekend, Saturday & Sunday, August 2 & 3.

      I believe the HumConf hummingbird banders certification workshop and the start
      of the HumConf will take place Tuesday-Friday, July 29 - August 1.

      A local 2003 HumConf hospitality and on-site committee will be set up in the
      next several weeks. We will have several local volunteers aware of what?
      where?
      when? how? why? as a result. Those of us on the volunteer support committee
      would help out with delivering refreshments, lunches, local knowledge,
      etc., to
      HumConf participants (estimate to be 35-30 individuals).

      I am inviting you to be a part of our local HumConf committee. I am hopeful
      you
      will be able to stick around for part or all of the week's HumConf. Since the
      HumConf is not open to the public, by volunteering to be on the local
      committee, you will have the credentials to sit-in-on/hang around some or all
      of the banders workshop, hummingbird banding sessions, and indoor
      presentations
      & poster sessions.

      As the number of volunteers will be limited, acceptance is on a first come,
      first serve basis. RSVP to me at bbarnes@... or
      krpfriends@....

      Thanks in advance for your consideration.

      Best,

      Bob

      Bob Barnes, Outreach Director
      Audubon-California's Kern River Preserve
      P.O. Box 953, Weldon, CA 93283
      FedEx/UPS: 18747 Hwy. 178, Weldon, CA 93283
      E-mail: krpfriends@...
      Phone: (760) 378-3044
      Web Sites:
      http://www.kernriverpreserve.org