Middlemiss Female Northern Parula

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012

      While leading a Los Angeles Audubon Society trip this past Friday
      through Monday, we had a beautiful female (or immature male? Input on
      the possibility welcome!) NORTHERN PARULA at the edge of the yard of
      Ed & Terri Middlemiss in Inyokern on Friday, 6/22/12. Unfortunately,
      I have been away from email since then and could not/did not post. I
      don't think it would have made a difference as this bird was clearly
      moving through and moved on after a minute or so observation in a
      single shrub. Fortunately, all eleven of us were able to get good to
      excellent looks as this bird worked its way from the bottom of the
      shrub to the top before flying off. To visualize or use a book to
      determine what this bird looked like, picture a bright male Northern
      Parula only with no trace of a breast band at all.

      There sure have been a lot of Northern Parulas detected going through
      Kern County this year; with the male reported by the Kyles for
      Galileo Monday being but the latest!

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California