Hummer Banding Help Sat., Sun., Mon, or Tues.

  • KRPFriends
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hi,

      Donald Mitchell will be banding hummingbirds during this coming weekend's Kern
      Valley Hummer Fest and to gather information for another's research
      project. He
      has asked me to try and line up some people with banding experience (doesn't
      have to be hummingbirds, he will instruct you.) to assist him. Following is
      when he needs help:

      CRITICAL:
      Sunday, 8am-Noon, at Kern River Preserve Headquarters during the Hummingbird
      Celebration.

      Tuesday, 7am-10am, at Kern River Preserve Headquarters after the Hummingbird
      Celebration is over (you will have the yard pretty much to yourselves).

      HELPFUL:
      Saturday, 8am-2pm, during Greenhorn Mountain field trip.
      Saturday, 2:30pm-4pm at Kern River Preserve Headquarters
      Monday, All Day during the Southern Sierra Nevada field trip.

      If you are able to help, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

      Best,

      Bob

      Bob Barnes, Outreach Director
      Audubon-California's Kern River Preserve
      P.O. Box 953, Weldon, CA 93283
      FedEx/UPS: 18747 Hwy. 178, Weldon, CA 93283
      E-mail: krpfriends@...
      Phone: (760) 378-3044
      Web Sites:
      http://www.kernriverpreserve.org