Spring reports

  • kernkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      The Spring reporting season (March 1 thru May 31) has just ended and it's time to compile a report of significant bird sightings for Kern County. I am interested in records of species that were out of season, out of place, exceptionally early or late, or that you thought were unusual in some other way for Kern County. All records of rarities should be accompanied by documentation and, when possible, photographs. For the spring report I am also interested in reports that occur in the first week or so of June – we are in the midst of that last exciting pulse of our rarest vagrants and those finds certainly belong with the Spring migrants report. At least some of these are CBRC birds and reports should also get to that committee – it is helpful to me if you let me know if that has happened or not.

      I do my best to glean from various sources as the season progresses but I can't promise that I got everything. I do appreciate the reports that don't assume I have!

      Many thanks to those who have already sent me reports. If the rest of you could have your reports to me by June 13th that would be great.

      Kelli Heindel-Levinson
      Bakersfield, Ca