This is a Western Tanager

  • Alison Sheehey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/natureali/6900732952/
      This is a Western Tanager photographed in Beale Park on Monday, 2 April
      2012. Migrant or undetected overwintering bird, speculate away.
      It was not a starling imitating a tanager, it was not a figment of my
      imagination. Please direct comments on the bird directly to me.
      Also on my Flickr site find a photo of a Pacific-slope Flycatcher that I
      heard calling confirming PSFL not "Western". This bird was seen around noon
      at KNWR near the end of the new auto tour route in a salt cedar near the
      one-way bridge.
      Report will be uploaded soon to eBird.

      Ali Sheehey
      South Lake, CA