Birding Galileo 10/21/11

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2011
      Today, Friday, 10/21/11, We birded Galileo Hill/Silver Saddle Ranch on the eastern Kern desert. The White-throated Sparrow(tan striped-morph) continues near the petting zoo around the canes. The Northern Flicker(yellow-shafted) continues and the juvinile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker continues.

      We also saw the following birds: juvenile Cooper's Hawk, Belted Kingfisher(1), Downy Woodpecker(1), Northern Flicker(red-shafted)(5+), White-breasted Nuthatch(1), Rock Wren(1), Ruby-crowned Kinglet(8+), Townsend's Solitaire(2), American Robin(4), Cedar Waxwings(16), Phainopepla(1), Orange-crowned Warbler(4), Yellow Warbler(3+), Yellow-rumped Warbler(audubon's)(25+), Black-throated Gray Warbler(3), Common Yellowthroat(1), Spotted Towhee(3), Chipping Sparrow(8), White-crowned Sparrow(8), and four Dark-eyed Junco's.