Birding Galileo/Silver Saddle Ranch 10/28/11

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2011
      Today, Friday, 10/28/11, we saw a Cassin's Vireo at Galileo/Silver Saddle Ranch on the eastern Kern desert. It was seen in a tree just east of the Pyracantha bush which is near the petting zoo.

      We also saw the following: continuing juvenile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker(2), Northern Flicker-red shafted(7), Townsend's Solitaire(1),Hermit Thrush(2), Varied Thrush(1), American Pipit(1), Orange-crowned Warbler(1), Yellow-rumped Warbler(20+), White-crowned Sparrow(10), Lincoln's Sparrow(1), and six Dark-eyed Juncos.