Galileo, Oct. 22

  • dgingt22
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2011
      When I arrived around 10 AM, Tom Wurster had already located most of the birds there, notably the continuing White-throated sparrow east of the petting zoo at the edge of the cane hedge, and one or two continuing HY Yellow-bellied sapsuckers. One was in an elm along the road east of the stables. My contribution was a Clay-colored sparrow drinking from a puddle at the west edge of the skeet range. Tom also saw a Golden-crowned kinglet near the pavilion. A Cassin's type vireo was also near the pavilion, with some characters of Blue-headed, but not enough to convince us.

      A brief run at California City didn't turn up anything to report. Dave Goodward