Northern Parula/Hermit Warbler

  • John Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27 2:09 PM
      Hi all,

      After trying about five times this winter, I finally saw the Northern Parula
      this morning. Those that have seen him know what a dandy looking bird he is
      and seeing him on a beautiful day like today makes me wonder if we will get
      to hear him bust out in song before he leaves. I also had a Hermit Warbler
      at Heritage Park. It was about half-way up the entrance road (Heritage Rd.)
      giving the Hermit/Townsends/Green chip note. It then flew across the road
      to the oaks adjacent to the building, then back across the road (north side)
      to a pine tree. Perhaps it has been overlooked this winter or just happened
      to cruise into the park recently.

      Good birding,

      John Wilson

      Bakersfield, CA