05/31/02 - FOS YBCU, LEFL, etc.

  • KRPFriends
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002
      This morning I sent out an e-mail with the date 05/30/02 on the Subject line.
      It should have read 05/31/02 as my Least Flycatcher, Brown-crested Flycatcher,
      Indigo Bunting, and Lawrence's Goldfinches reports were from this morning,
      Friday, May 31, 2002.

      FOS Spring Yellow-billed Cuckoo - Mary Whitfield reports a First of Spring
      Yellow-billed Cuckoo from the south side of Sequoia National Forest's South
      Fork Wildlife Area (accessed by walking from the west end of the KOA
      Kampground
      property from the road frontage). Mary reports it as being a "cooing"
      individual.

      I went back out and placed BLUE flagging to mark the location of the singing
      Least Flycatcher as reported in my e-mail of earlier in the day. I paced off
      the distance along the fence east from Migrant Corner ...300 meters.

      Best,

      Bob Barnes, Outreach Director
      Audubon-California's Kern River Preserve
      P.O. Box 953, Weldon, CA 93283
      FedEx/UPS: 18747 Hwy. 178, Weldon, CA 93283
      E-mail: krpfriends@...
      Phone: (760) 378-3044
      Web Sites:
      http://www.kernriverpreserve.org