LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH at Galileo Hill

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
      Jim Abernathy called me at 4:30PM today to report a LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH along the road between the old petting zoo and the fenced paddocks. Found by Scott Logan and John Lobel, it was subsequently seen by Dick Norton and Jim, who also photographed it.

      A GRAY CATBIRD was in the same area this morning, seen by 15 members of the Southwest Bird Study Club. Other highlights of the day include 1 CANADA WARBLER seen along the main road by the trailer spaces, a PALM WARBLER along the road going south toward the petting zoo, then in the large rose bushes along the north edge of the petting zoo area, 1 NORTHERN PARULA in the same area (only seen by Logan and Lobel), 3 SAPSUCKER species: 1 YELLOW-BELLIED, 2 RED-NAPED and 1 RED-BREASTED. Quite a day! Over 70 species in all.

      Jim Hardesty for the Southwest Bird Study Club
      Woodland Hills CA
    • steele7@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
        Bob Barnes, Susan Steele, and I are currently at the reported sighting and
        found what appears to be a definitive Northern Waterthrush. I have photos
        for any interested.

        Bob Steele
        Inyokern, CA

        Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless