10 Sep 10: Galileo Hill--Silver Saddle Ranch and Club

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2010

      Excellent diversity of western species with good numbers of several
      individual species at Galileo Hill this morning during 3.25 hours of
      birding. We each signed a release form at the front desk at the end
      of our visit when the office was open and staffed.

      NOTE: We left several copies of species sightings forms on a clip
      board at te front desk for reference by any visiting birder and
      filled in the first of five sections per page for this morning's visit.

      Location: Galileo Hill--Silver Saddle Ranch and Club
      Observation time/date: 6:15am-9:30am, 9/10/10
      Observers: Bob Barnes, Susan Steele
      Notes: 6:15am-9:30am. 80 acre campus plus 10 acres of adjacent
      desert habitat. FOF Sharp-shinned Hawk, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and
      White-crowned Sparrow.
      Number of species: 60

      Mallard 12
      Cinnamon Teal 1
      Great Blue Heron 1
      Snowy Egret 1
      Black-crowned Night-Heron 4 (single flock)
      Turkey Vulture 6
      Sharp-shinned Hawk 1 FOF first found by Susan Steele.
      Cooper's Hawk 1
      Red-tailed Hawk 2
      Spotted Sandpiper 2
      Eurasian Collared-Dove 2
      Mourning Dove 6
      Vaux's Swift 1
      Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird 2
      Ladder-backed Woodpecker 2 One female, one male.
      Western Wood-Pewee 9
      Willow Flycatcher 1
      Dusky Flycatcher 1
      Pacific-slope/Cordilleran Flycatcher (Western) 1
      Black Phoebe 8
      Say's Phoebe 2
      Western Kingbird 1
      Loggerhead Shrike 2
      Cassin's Vireo 4 4-6 individuals.
      Warbling Vireo 25
      Common Raven 1
      Horned Lark 150
      Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1
      Tree Swallow 6
      Violet-green Swallow 3
      Barn Swallow 2
      Cliff Swallow 2
      Verdin 2
      Red-breasted Nuthatch 3
      Rock Wren 1
      House Wren 2
      Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3 FOF first found by Susan Steele.
      European Starling 25
      Cedar Waxwing 2
      Phainopepla 2 One female, one male.
      Orange-crowned Warbler 31
      Nashville Warbler 3
      Yellow Warbler 24
      Townsend's Warbler 2
      Hermit Warbler 1 Female.
      MacGillivray's Warbler 6
      Common Yellowthroat 8
      Wilson's Warbler 20
      Lark Sparrow 7
      Black-throated Sparrow 10
      Sage Sparrow 2
      Savannah Sparrow 4
      White-crowned Sparrow 1 FOF first found by Susan Steele.
      Western Tanager 25
      Black-headed Grosbeak 4
      Lazuli Bunting 10
      Red-winged Blackbird 1
      Western Meadowlark 1
      Brewer's Blackbird 16
      House Finch 52
      Lesser Goldfinch 2
      House Sparrow 25

      The above report was generated automatically by eBird
      v2(http://ebird.org/california/)

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California
      P: 760-382-1260