Black-and-white Warbler, Indigo Bunting

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010

      Passing along some eastern Kern County desert oases sightings from
      San Bernardino area birder Dave Goodward who is working a couple of
      days a week in eastern Kern County. He tried posting to
      kerncobiriding yesterday, but for unknown reasons it didn't go through.

      "...I have started to get to know the famous Kern Co. traps I have
      heard about for so long. I tried posting to Kerncobirding yesterday,
      but for unknown reasons it didn't go through...I had a couple of low
      level but interesting vagrants late in the afternoon of the 30th at
      California City Central Park, a Black and White warbler and an
      Indigo bunting, female-type. Both were in the eucalyptus at the
      north end of the park, which have a light infestation of lerps. Other
      common warblers and a Lazuli bunting were searching the eucs as well.
      An adult Peregrine flew over. Butterbredt on the morning of the
      31st was quiet, with a Red-breasted nuthatch the only bird of
      note. A complete list for both locations is at Ebird. Dave Goodward"

      Posting for Dave Goodward...

      Bob Bames, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California