ebird discussion

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2010
      There are two considerations in this discussion: in my mind, the most important ting is to remain civil no matter WHAT your stand or belief. As long as we have members who are from a considerable distance, we will continue to post our specialty and west-coast birds. I use the SE Arizona listserv for my travels there and the Texas listerv for birding in that area. (Florida, too, by the way.) Bob is s superb birder, friend, and contributer and I thank him for his continued dedication to kerncobirding. I love this listserv and am proud to be its moderator.
      Michael McQuerrey
      moderator, kerncobirding
    • Alison Sheehey
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
        Michael wrote:

        > I love this listserv and am proud to be its moderator.

        Michael,

        I want to thank you for your generosity in creating this listserve and
        for your love of birding and those new to the experience. I am always
        amazed at how generous you are with your time for those who are looking
        for a birding/owling leader.

        I do not understand those who find their needs so pressing as to want to
        stop the flow of information that this list has so generously offered.
        Bob's prodding has finally made me realize Ebird is not solely personal
        but for the benefit of all. I am not going to search Ebird every week to
        find gaps and really appreciate the time Bob spends researching what
        should be on the list. Maybe with his amazing work, Kern will stop being
        not just a gap in Ebird but the big gap in most books on status and
        distribution.

        Thanks again for taking on the task of moderator. You are very much
        appreciated.

        Ali Sheehey
        Weldon, CA

      • yakimapark@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
          I agree with you Michael (and we are glad you love the list serve), and I
          join Ali in commending you for all your moderator work!

          I recently returned from New Mexico and I had a difficult time finding
          anything online about the birds there. This list serve is a wonderful source
          of information and communication.

          And we also all appreciate the constant effort Bob, and everyone else who
          posts here, puts into communicating what he and others have observed as
          well. We are so lucky!! Its one of the reasons we are one of the "birdiest"
          counties- as in conjunction with the wide variety of habitats present,
          many are taking the time to observe and document, and verify. To top it off,
          that is all part of what helps to make good science, and good birding!!

          Marcia H. Wolfe

          MH Wolfe and Associates
          Environmental Consulting, Inc.
          POB 10254