RE: [kerncobirding] More eBird

  • John Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2010
      Hi All,

      With the moderator's indulgence, I'll add my "two cents". I have always
      thought the purpose of this list-server, and all other bird list-servers is
      not just to report "rare" bird sightings, but any and all bird sightings
      that any member feels is pertinent. Clearly "pertinent" bird sightings are
      often in the eyes of the beholder but since this list-serve isn't exactly
      overwhelming my in-box, I would encourage the continued posting by any
      member about any sighting. If I don't care to read the content I have a
      delete key handy. As far as the "e-bird gaps" issue, I have always looked
      at them as much as a Request for Information sort of post and not
      necessarily the posting of bird sightings that never were.

      Happy and Productive Birding,

      John Wilson