Tuesday Birding Pal in exchange for Mannheim Steamroller tickets

  • musicmd@ameritech.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2009
      Hello Kern County birders,

      My name is Mark Agnor. I am a musician and birder from Chicago. I am coming to Bakersfield tomorrow night(12/14) to play my electric violin in the Mannheim Steamroller Band at the Rabobank Center on Tuesday night(12/15).

      I am looking for advice and maybe a guide to help find some target bird species on Tuesday, December 15. I do not have transportation, and I'm not sure which of my birds can be found in Kern County at this time, but here is my wish list:

      Tricolored Blackbird
      "Thick-billed" Fox Sparrow
      "Large-billed" Savannah Sparrow
      California Thrasher
      California Gnatcatcher
      Oak Titmouse
      White-Headed Woodpecker
      Condor
      Spotted Dove(I've seen the post referencing Beale Park and Union Cemetery)
      Mountain Plover

      Any advice in finding any of these species would be much appreciated. I would gladly provide tickets to the Tuesday night show in exchange for a few hours of birding companionship.

      Thank you very much, and good birding

      Mark Agnor
      (773) 450-3086