Common Poorwill

  • birderjoe34
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2002
      Lois and I spotted a Common Poorwill sitting at the edge of Kelso
      Valley Road at 8:20 p.m. It flew up in front of our headlights, and
      we could see the white outer tips of its tail feathers very easily.
      It then landed a little farther down the road, and I put the
      spotlight on it; Lois was able to get a good view of it with the
      binoculars at that point. We were driving slowly, since we were
      specifically looking for this species. It was 3.3 miles south of Hwy.
      178.

      Joe & Lois Hart