Galileo birds Thursday 1 October

  • thomasgezamiko
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Jeff Cowell and I birded Galileo today (Thursday). Highlights included 1 Townsend's Solitaire, 3 Red-breasted Nuthatches, and a Swamp Sparrow. Tons of Ruby-crowned (and no Golden-crowned) Kinglets, Audubon's Warblers and Flickers.
      An F-15 flew right over us (150 feet?) at well over mach 1, and the sonic boom (sounded like a 155 shell went off)almost blew out all of the windows at Galileo.
      A brief stop at California City was uneventful.
      Tom Miko
      Claremont
      LA County