The Arizona experience

  • macbirder1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      The 21st year of trips to Arizona in the summer. This year, my companions were a group of Auduboners from the San Fernando Valley. My charge was to help them find the birds of Southeast Arizona, and we were successful. The high points for me were the BROWN-BACKED SOLITAIRE and the SINALOA WREN. We also had a wonderful encounter with a pair of RUFOUS-CAPPED WARBLERS. Our hummingbirds included WHITE-EARED, BERYLLINE, and LUCIFERS, with a total of 11 species of hummingbird, in all. There are few places in the US where you can find more unique species, than southeastern Arizona.