Wood Duck with three ducklings at Hart Park in Bakersfield 7/5/09

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2009
      Today, Sunday, 7/5/09, we drove through Hart Park in Bakersfield. In the larger lake at Hart Park, we saw one female Wood Duck with three small ducklings. They were seen near the shoreline at the corner of Canal Road and Alf. Harrell Hwy. They were just east of Canal Road near the shoreline. This is only the second time we have seen a Wood Duck with ducklings at Hart Park. Later, we will place a photo of the Wood Duck family into the kerncobirding photo section in the album labeled
      01 Birds.

      The Greater White-fronted Goose is continuing at Hart Park. The Greater White-fronted Goose is with a group of Canada Geese. They are in the larger lake at Hart Park.