UPDATE: Blue-throated Hummingbird

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009

      Steve Summers started checking the Kern River Preserve hummingbird
      feeders at 5:20pm. Bob Steele, Susan Steele, and I started checking
      them at 5:35pm. The Steeles kept a constant watch on the front yard
      feeders. Barnes and Summers kept a constant watch on the side yard
      feeders. We left the feeder watch at 8:10pm. We had no observations
      of a female Blue-throated Hummingbird during our observation period.

      There may be some birders who will check out the feeders tomorrow
      morning. If so, we are hopeful they will share a report on the
      presence or absence of Blue-throated Hummingbird at the Kern River
      Preserve. We are hopeful others who visit the Preserve in the next
      several days to few weeks will also check for Blue-throated
      Hummingbird. What else can we all do?

      FYI: Parking/entrance to the Kern River Preserve is free. Donations
      are accepted and appreciated.

      May at least one Blue-throated Hummingbird be in your California
      birding future,

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County
      P: 760-382-1260