Birding Galileo Hill 5/20 thru 5/22/09

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2009
      We just returned home from birding Galileo Hill for three days. We saw the following birds at Galileo Hill on Wednesday 5/20/09: Spotted Sandpipers, Olive-sided Flycatcher(1), Western Wood Pewee, Swainson's Thrush, Yellow-rumped Warbler(Audubon's), Wilson's Warblers, BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER -male (west of the main parking lot), and a Black-headed Grosbeak.

      On Thursday 5/21/09 the following birds were seen at Galileo Hill: Osprey, Chukars, Spotted Sandpiper, Western Wood Pewee, Western Kingbird, Swainson's Thrush, Cedar Waxwing, Yellow Warblers, Hermit Warbler (1), BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBlER-male, MacGillivray's Warbler, Wilson's Warblers, Black-headed Grosbeaks, and Western Tanagers.

      This morning, Friday, 5/22/09 the following birds were seen at Galileo Hill: ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK-male(north of the Pavilion), Osprey, Spotted Sandpipers, Acorn Woodpecker-seen earlier in the morning by another birder, Western Wood Pewee, Swainson's Thrush, Yellow Warblers, and a MacGillivray's Warbler(1).