Central Valley Bird Club field trip

  • Steve & Priscilla Summers
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2009
      On a Central Valley Bird Club field trip today (May 3) concentrating on
      Tulare and Kings counties we visited the Tulare Lake Drainage District's
      South Evaporation Pond area that has it's southernmost small portion in Kern
      Co. This area borders the northernmost edge of Kern NWR. The following
      shorebirds we found here are probably of interest to Kern Co. birders and
      for the birdiest county weekend:

      Black-bellied Plover
      Snowy Plover 6
      Semipalmated Plover
      RUDDY TURNSTONE 1
      SANDERLING 1
      Western Sandpiper
      Least Sandpiper
      BAIRD'S SANDPIPER 1
      Dunlin
      Red-necked Phalarope 2

      This is all very private land and we were led by Rob Hansen who had
      permission to lead this field trip into these areas.

      Steve Summers
      Porterville