First of Spring Postings

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2009

      I am hopeful birders will post FOS observations of each species, even
      common species, as they arrive in/pass through Kern County during
      spring migration and for the 09 nesting season. Such information
      helps complete the picture of arrivals for the season and provides
      comparisons with all prior years at minimum. FOR EXAMPLE, such
      information has shown that the first singing male YELLOW WARBLERS
      arrive on territory at the Kern River Preserve at the end of
      March/very early April, more than a month earlier than the mid-May
      peak of YELLOW WARBLERS passing through.

      Regardless, continued happy & productive birding,

      Bob Barnes
      Ridgecrest, Kern County